A jury said a man arrested for child molestation, who was awarded $472,000 for his constitutional claims against a police officer, deserved nothing for the 16 days he spent in jail.
- ACLU Sues Over Hunger Strikes at U.S. Immigration Detention Centers
- Groups Call for Closure of Georgia Detention Centers After Immigrant Deaths
- Trump's Bid to Axe Public Service Loan Forgiveness Would Sever Lifeline, Opponents Say
- Insurance Companies Lose Another UM Case in Court of Appeals
- College Student Beats Board of Regents in Slip and Fall Appeal
- Counties, Businesses and the News Media Square Off in Hospital Public Records Fight
Several well-respected employment mediators describe what they'd advise inside counsel to do when managing outside counsel handling a case. Their responses were enlightening:
"Assuming you've hired the right counsel, the key is enabling them to do their best work," says Ross Mansbach.
A former professor at the Appalachian School of Law has sued the school, claiming it failed to protect her when she was harassed by a male student.
When it became clear that billionaire Carl Icahn would be interested in selling his Trump Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, Greenberg Traurig’s client Hard Rock International quickly reached out.