Legal air strikes continue between former fighter pilots who compete in dueling military-style business consulting companies.
- Ashby's 'Jeopardy' Run Ends, but the Internet Won't Forget Her
- Appeals Court Dumps Suit Challenging Discontinued Fulton E-Filing System
- Georgia Senators Haven't Backed Federal Judge Nominee Yet
- UGA Law to Launch Jurist-in-Residence Program
- Sherman & Howard Augments Atlanta Beachhead With Partner From Taylor English
- 25 Firms in Atlanta Achieve Perfect Score on LGBT Equality Ranking
Did the Georgia secretary of state release the Social Security numbers, driver's license numbers, and dates of birth of every registered Georgia voter?
Imagine this scenario: An agent of the FBI or another governmental agency comes to an attorney's office, either by appointment or unannounced. The agent asks questions about one of the attorney's clients who is not subject to a formal governmental investigation. The agent asks about the client's business, relationships or dealings. Or perhaps the agent asks to see the client's financial documents or even client files.
According to recent studies, the suicide rate in the lawyer population is six times the rate in the general population, and is the third leading cause of death among lawyers.
San Antonio solo Mark H. Benavides was arrested for compelling prostitution by allegedly making three clients have sex with him to pay for his legal services in their criminal cases.