Diane McIver, the president of Corey Airport Services and the wife of prominent Atlanta attorney Tex McIver of Fisher & Phillips, died Sunday night from a gunshot wound she suffered while riding in a car in Midtown, according to the Atlanta Police Department.
- Troutman Lawyer Goes to Bat for Mizuno in Braves Sponsorship Deal
- High Court: Murder Mistrial No Bar to Directed Verdict for Defense
- Pumping and Practicing: A Delicate Balance for Breastfeeding Lawyers
- BP Spill Movie Got Action Right, Villain Wrong, Lawyer Says
- Concessions by Secretary of State May Restore Thousands to Voter Rolls
- Avoid Inappropriate Relationships With Clients
Daily Report affiliate ALM Legal Intelligence combs through Fortune 1000 companies' proxies in order to compile a list of general counsel salaries.
Like their counterparts in the rest of the country, general counsel in the South saw a slight drop in compensation in 2015, according to the 2016 General Counsel Compensation Survey, conducted by Daily Report affiliate ALM Legal Intelligence. But experts on executive compensation say Southern GCs have reason for optimism about their pay in years to come.
Some GCs say that, in the year since the infamous Yates Memo took effect last September, it has turned in-house counsel into investigators for the DOJ and damaged their credibility with employees.
Legal technologists often talk about advancing access to justice, but those working to provide access aren’t getting large-scale innovations anytime soon.