King & Spalding is fighting an effort to make public what lawyers at the firm said to each other about their client, General Motors, with regard to the company's faulty ignition switch litigation.
- Alabama Appeals Decision Blocking Ban on Same-Sex Marriage
- Whistleblowers Fined $1.6M for Talking to Reporters While Case Was Sealed
- Managing the Risks of Investing in Clients
- Model Whose Face Was Scarred in Crash Reaches $7.5M Settlement
- DeKalb Judge Shares Thoughts on Accountability Courts, Diversity
- With Engagement Off, 'Bachelorette' Lawyer Takes to Blogging
Most law practices consider it a bridge too far. Investing in clients involves a litany of issues ranging from conflicts of interest to ethical limitations under most bar rules.
When negotiating technology transactions, such as software licenses, cloud transactions and outsourcing deals, as well as any other type of contract, negotiators will obtain better results with careful preparation and by following a thoughtful script.
Alabama on Monday began the process of appealing a federal judge's decision that overturned the state's ban on same-sex marriage — a decision that was put on hold to allow time for the appeal.
A jury in Santa Fe has awarded an El Paso, Texas family $165 million in a wrongful death lawsuit against FedEx.