Since June there has been speculation that Attorney General Sam Olens will be stepping down to accept an appointment as president of Kennesaw State University. Here's a look at the rumored contenders for the job.
- Jury Awards $3M to Man Beaten by Family Dollar Store Cashier
- Georgia Bar Celebrates 100 Years of Women Lawyers
- Celebrating 100 Years of Georgia Women Lawyers [Slideshow]
- Bank to Pay $9M to Settle Case Over Check-Kiting Customers
- Suit Demands Homeowners Return Historic Grave Marker
- Deadline Is Monday: Daily Report Seeks 'Attorney of the Year' Nominees
Peter Carter discusses his job and responsibilities as general counsel for Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines.
In Part I of this article (June 13), I discussed the top mistakes that employers make that motivate employees to call a plaintiffs lawyer. In this article, I will provide my thoughts on the top mistakes employers make in litigation.
Synovus Bank agreed to pay $9 million to settle claims that it knew about a customer's alleged fraud scheme.
In a newly filed barratry suit, a Dallas city councilwoman and an Atlanta plaintiff's lawyer face allegations they improperly solicited a woman for representation in a wrongful death suit after a pack of dogs mauled her mother.