No one involved will confirm rumors that state Attorney General Sam Olens is about to be named president of Kennesaw State University or that Department of Economic Development Director Chris Carr will be tapped to replace him.
- Alabama Justice Faces Possible Ouster Over Gay Marriage
- Law Schools Must Confront Students’ Alcohol, Mental Health Problems: Opinion
- Wife of Prominent Fisher & Phillips Partner Dies From Gunshot Wound
- High Court: Murder Mistrial No Bar to Directed Verdict for Defense
- Troutman Lawyer Goes to Bat for Mizuno in Braves Sponsorship Deal
- Baker & Hostetler Lands Schiff Hardin Sports Law Partner; and Other 'On the Move' News
Daily Report affiliate ALM Legal Intelligence combs through Fortune 1000 companies' proxies in order to compile a list of general counsel salaries.
Like their counterparts in the rest of the country, general counsel in the South saw a slight drop in compensation in 2015, according to the 2016 General Counsel Compensation Survey, conducted by Daily Report affiliate ALM Legal Intelligence. But experts on executive compensation say Southern GCs have reason for optimism about their pay in years to come.
A man who intentionally planted an incomplete bomb at a Home Depot to try to force the company to pay him $2 million is still guilty of planting a "destructive device" within the meaning of the extortion statute, a federal appeals court has ruled.
Some GCs say that, in the year since the infamous Yates Memo took effect last September, it has turned in-house counsel into investigators for the DOJ and damaged their credibility with employees.